Should this work?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Jan 9 17:25:24 PST 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 01:18:01AM +0000, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> BTW, I'll say it again: it was a *lot* easier to get started with
> this back in the phobos1 days, where std.string WAS the one-stop
> location for string stuff.

I thought it still is? Except that a lot of it is now implicit via
public import from std.array and std.algorithm and wherever else. (But I
wouldn't know, though, I wasn't around in the D1 days.)

> At the least, we should get the docs to point people in the right
> place,

Yeah, I think all public imports should at least get a mention in the
ddoc header so that people know what's *actually* getting imported, not
just what the docs say are in the module.

> but I think we should also do more conceptual overview pages that talk
> about cross-module things.

+1. Currently Phobos has way too many modules under std, and unless
you're already familiar with where things are, you wouldn't even know
where to start looking when searching for new functionality.

Кто везде - тот нигде.