Should this work?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Jan 10 00:04:30 PST 2014

On 2014-01-10 01:34, Manu wrote:

> I have to wonder the same thing.
> It's just not anything like anything I've ever called it before I guess.
> I guess I started with find, and then it refers you to retro if you want
> to reverse find, and of course, by this time I'm nowhere near std.string
> anymore. Hard to find something if you're not even looking in the same
> file :/

But "strchr" is a good name? If I wanted the index of a character in a
string I would most likely look for something called "indexOf", or
"index". In Java and C# it's called "indexOf", in Ruby it's called
"index". In Python it's called "index" (and "find"). In PHP it's called
"strrpos" and in C++ it's called "find". I think we're in pretty good
shape here with D.

--
/Jacob Carlborg