Does the dub registry at code.dlang.org have problems?

Gary Willoughby dev at nomad.so
Fri Jan 10 04:31:12 PST 2014

On Friday, 10 January 2014 at 10:26:54 UTC, Gary Willoughby wrote:
> On Friday, 10 January 2014 at 09:27:39 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
> wrote:
>> On 2014-01-10 10:21, Gary Willoughby wrote:
>>> Does the dub registry at code.dlang.org have problems?
>>>
>>> I registered two new packages yesterday and they are still
>>> not included
>>> in the registry. It's annoying that registering or updating
>>> existing
>>> packages take ages to be reflected on code.dlang.org.
>>
>> I can see that x11 was added/updated yesterday. Note that
>> projects with a version tag is sorted first.
>
> I also have another package waiting called 'tcltk' which hasn't
> been added yet and now all my packages in the UI have the
> following error:
>
> Failed to get GIT tags/branches: Failed to get tags: Failed to
> read JSON from
> https://api.github.com/repos/nomad-software/x11/tags:
> Unexpected reply for
> 'https://api.github.com/repos/nomad-software/x11/tags':
> Forbidden

Everything seems to be fine now. Whoever is responsible for
code.dlang.org please look into these issues. If we are going to
use it as D's default package repository it needs to be
bullet-proof and faster than it currently is. Waiting 14hrs+ for
a package to be accepted or updated is quite frankly not good
enough, especially if you are trying to test dependencies and
resolve issues across packages. Thank you.