Does the dub registry at code.dlang.org have problems?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 05:46:05 PST 2014

On 1/10/2014 9:31 PM, Gary Willoughby wrote:

> Everything seems to be fine now. Whoever is responsible for
> code.dlang.org please look into these issues. If we are going to use it
> as D's default package repository it needs to be bullet-proof and faster
> than it currently is. Waiting 14hrs+ for a package to be accepted or
> updated is quite frankly not good enough, especially if you are trying
> to test dependencies and resolve issues across packages. Thank you.

To test dependencies and such, you should use 'dub add-local' with your
local copy of the source. I currently have a couple of dub-managed
libraries I've been working on that I haven't even put on github yet and
used add-local so that they're available to my test apps. That way you
don't have to register anything with code.dlang.org until you're ready
for release.