Componentizing D's garbage collector

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Fri Jan 10 06:17:32 PST 2014

On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 09:56:45 -0000, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
<joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:
> Can you recommend some good background reading for those of us who would
> love to have some input (or at least insight) to this, but don't yet
> have the theoretical understanding?

IMO, the Microsoft documentation for the C# GC is a good place to start.

It's an overview of a specific collector so you get a concrete understand
of one way to do it, which you can then use as a foundation to build
understanding on etc.  It's the only thing I've read on GC and I
understood (at least at the surface level) Andrei's post completely.  Plus
it's not too long, and available online for free :)