Adding Java and C++ to the MQTT benchmarks or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Garbage Collector

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 10:51:10 PST 2014

>>> I wonder if someone who "knows" C++ is going to help you out
>>> and improve your code, much like others did with the other
>>> languages you used.
>>
>> I know C++. It's not that I can't finish it, it's that I can't
>> be
>> bothered to. That's the whole point of the post.
>>
>> Atila
>
> I know, that doesn't mean someone can't come in and fix what
> they see wrong with it. C++ programmers have less reason to
> prove their language, but I think most are in denial that their
> language is diffacult and that it is a problem.

Ah right, I misunderstood your what you meant. The denial is real
and I think the comments on reddit are proof of that. Who knows,
maybe I'll do it myself.

The weirdest part of it for me is that my (broken but working)
C++ implementation didn't even do badly performance-wise and
people still complained.

Atila