Should LLVM become the default D-lang platform?

Dwhatever not at real.com
Fri Jan 10 12:51:17 PST 2014

This might have been brought up before but I couldn't find any
thread about this. As things has progressed I wonder if Digital
Mars DMD should move over to use LLVM instead of its own code
generation and compiler framework.

As I see it with the small amount of contributors D-language has,
DMD will never support anything beyond x86 as there are no
resources for this. Also, why spend time on recreating the the
code generation which has already been done with LLVM? This
enables this community to focus on the language which is the most
important part as well as supporting more and future processor
targets.