Should LLVM become the default D-lang platform?

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Sat Jan 11 03:58:39 PST 2014

On Friday, 10 January 2014 at 21:00:24 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Because Walter wouldn't be able to work on his current job any
> longer if he looks into other compiler vendors source code.
>
> IP laws are always a complicated issue.

Unless you have an actual explanation as to why this would be the
case, I'd simply regard this as FUD. I see how the viral nature
of the GCC license might be a problem for that, but as far as
LLVM is concerned, Walter would even be able to just rebrand
Clang as DMC and ship it as a closed-source package. LLVM also
doesn't require any copyright assignments, which might be an
impediment for contributing any fixes back to GCC.

David