Should LLVM become the default D-lang platform?

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Sat Jan 11 07:25:38 PST 2014

Am Fri, 10 Jan 2014 13:44:52 -0800
schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>:

> We plan to rig Facebook's build system to use dmd in debug mode and gdc
> in release mode by default. Best of both worlds.
>
> Andrei

I do that too, and part of the reason why I hacked something
together for the Gentoo Linux package manager, so I could
install libraries for multiple compilers at once.
It seems so trivial to use dmd and a companion compiler gdc
or ldc, but once shared libraries and multiple D releases come
into the mix, it means patching up dmd, make files and dealing
with "rpath" to load the correct .so (compiler using a
specific compiler vendor/version combination).

--
Marco