Review of std.signal

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Sat Jan 11 10:02:15 PST 2014

On 2013-11-07 13:45:56 +0000, Dicebot said:

> Our current victim is std.signal by Robert Klotzner which is supposed
> to deprecate and supersede existing (and broken) std.signals

Hi, not really a comment regarding the actual implementation but I
think that good debug support for signales & slots helps a lot in using
it. What do I mean with this:

- a way to dump in a human readable form the run-time connections.
Which function / class / etc. is currently attached to which signal?
- automatic logging like a call-stack in a debugger to get an idea when
which signal is acted on
- a way to get the order of activation for debugging to identify
unwanted side-effects
- etc.

Big signal & slot implementaitons can be hard to debug, this should be
as simple as possible.

--
Robert M. Münch
Saphirion AG