AA literals/initialisation

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 21:05:13 PST 2014

On Sunday, 12 January 2014 at 04:05:02 UTC, Manu wrote:
> I've just run into this again today. It's still very annoying.
> Consider this a reminder? :)

Do you even understand the problem? This is an extremely
complicated thing that you are asking, you can't do anything like
it in any other programming language that I'm aware of. We have
been making progress in making it work over the years, but for
AAs it's at an impasse due to how AAs are implemented in the
compiler.

This kind of nagging is not helping anyone, it's just annoying.