Facebook puts more bounties on dlang issues

ed sillymongrel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 00:45:43 PST 2014

On Sunday, 12 January 2014 at 06:10:41 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> +1 on (potentially) Facebook hiring somebody to work on the
> toolchain in some form. Would set a good precedence and showing
> just how committed Facebook is.
> I don't think anyone would disagree with this.
>
> My feeling is with this we could really go far.

I'm new and this is how I see it as a bit of an outsider...

Facebook have put up bounties and allowed Andrei (whom I assume
is one of their more high profile devs) to work on during work
hours, at their expense. I think it is now the turn of the D
community to step up to the plate.

I'd love to have time to contribute to D directly but I don't. So
I'd like to say that I really appreciate anything, no matter how
small, that is contributed to D and especially all the hard work
of the D core devs.

Cheers,
Ed