Struck Gold

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 14:32:22 PST 2014

On Sunday, 12 January 2014 at 19:05:59 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/12/2014 9:58 AM, deadalnix wrote:
>> Code produced by dmd is not very gold compliant.
>
> That's a frustratingly meaningless comment - there's nowhere
> anyone can go with it.

I know, but I have not much more infos. On some project I tested,
depending on the version of gold I get either failure to link via
some obscure internal gold failure or broken binaries.

I started to dig in gold source code for a while to understand,
but at some point time ran short and I had to give up.

If gold is a necessity (like it was for me on that project) then
switching to GDC is the best option for now.

Gold behavior started to become erratic in the
File_read::find_or_make_view zone.