Review of std.signal

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 10:16:21 PST 2014

07-Nov-2013 17:45, Dicebot пишет:
> Time to move forward with some more reviews :)
>
> Our current victim is std.signal by Robert Klotzner which is supposed to
> deprecate and supersede existing (and broken) std.signals

[snip]
> If there are any frequent Phobos contributors / core developers
> please pay extra attention to submission code style and fitting
> into overall Phobos guidelines and structure.

There was a concern about the lack of feedback. Here goes.
I'm not going to vote on this for the following reasons:

1. Never was fond of signal-slots as a pattern (Observer). I always find
implementations to be overly complex for their own good.
2. When I needed something remotely like that I'll do just fine with
array of delegates.
3. I never had no interest in old std.signal, I won't shed a tear if all
kinds of std.signal would be removed from Phobos.
4. Even though I'd wanted to review the code itself I never found time
to do it.

--
Dmitry Olshansky