Graphics Library for D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Tue Jan 14 00:21:18 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 14 January 2014 at 02:32:01 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
> I tend to agree that SVG is a bit specialized for our purposes

This is a misconception. SVG is a generic scene-graph-like DOM.
Much in the same vain as OpenInventor and Flash (or Coin3D, which
is a free implementation of OpenInventor). SVG is a hierarchy of
transformations and shapes. It is very close to being a retained
mode version of Display Postscript, which IS the graphics library
of NeXT and very close to the generic graphics libraries of OS-X
(Quartz) which is heavily based on NeXT. (And probably Direct2D
too).