foreach thoughts

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Tue Jan 14 00:43:36 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 14 January 2014 at 08:36:53 UTC, Jakob Ovrum wrote:
> You'll have to get used to the exclamation mark, otherwise
> you'll never be able to fully appreciate D's generic
> programming. I quite like it - I don't think there's anything
> objectively ugly about it.

You subjectively think that there is nothing objectively ugly
about it? :-) It is objectively ugly because "!" implies a
boolean expression, but that is off-topic.

I agree that chaining of filters and sorting rules is a good
solution, provided that you have a high level optimizer capable
of transforming the chain into something optimal. You basically
need some sort of term-rewriting.