Graphics Library for D

ed sillymongrel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 03:52:56 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 14 January 2014 at 11:10:36 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 14 January 2014 at 10:44:57 UTC, Matt Taylor wrote:
>> Meanwhile, at the other end of the scale, you have a system
>> with the capabilities of the Javascript DOM (see above), or
>> the Flash player. This system can composite multiple 2D
>> layers, and keep track of the contents of those layers.
>
> Yes, this is the scene graph approach. This is basically SVG, a
> hierarchy of transforms, shapes and interactive nodes. A
> retained mode version of Display Postscript. Although
> OpenInventor has a more powerful model, perhaps (Coin3D is
> freely available as a starting point).
>
> The Flash model is formalized as as a DOM in StageXL:
> http://www.stagexl.org/
>
> Another scene graph that was used in X11 servers is PHIGS.

No please not PHIGS....I had to use PHIGS way back when, before
we switched to Inventor. Inventor is a much nicer API.

But whatever you guys come up with will obviously be well thought
out. Cannot wait to see it progress further.

Cheers,
Ed