Graphics Library for D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Tue Jan 14 06:48:42 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 14 January 2014 at 12:02:45 UTC, Matt Taylor wrote:
> Indeed, though OpenInventor is a 3D scene graph of course. I
> don't think it's advisable to try and shoehorn 2D and 3D into
> one system.

I agree, it is better to do 2D well. If you mix 2D with 3D, then
it is better to do it as projection of 2D onto 3D surfaces. Like
povray does it in it's scenegraph (2D is extruded into 3D
textures).

Besides things are happening fast now on the hardware end with
real time raytracing on high end hardware (OctaneRender, Brigade
etc). It is just a matter of time before scene graphs take over
3D anyway...