ARM support

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Tue Jan 14 11:14:44 PST 2014

Am Mon, 13 Jan 2014 12:25:17 +0100
schrieb Piotr Szturmaj <bncrbme at jadamspam.pl>:

> Iain Buclaw wrote:
> > QEMU testing is quirky.  If your lucky and get it working, don't
> > make any system changes. :o)
>
> What do you mean exactly?
>
> > Saying that, ARM is the only emulation that I've gotten working
> > where I've actually built GDC ontop of.
>
> For anyone interested:
>
> Here are prebuilt Debian Squeeze(2.6.32) / Wheezy(3.2.0) images for
> Versatile/QEMU: http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/qemu/armel/ (link
> taken from http://wiki.redsleeve.org/index.php/QEMU). They should
> work out of the box :-)
>
> Here's guide on emulating Versatile platform (it's based on older
> Debian Etch): http://www.aurel32.net/info/debian_arm_qemu.php
>
> I think GDC should run on plain Debian Wheezy just fine.

I actually used that VM image some time ago. My main problem was that
qemu crashed often, but that could have been my fault.
Compiling on QEMU is quite slow IIRC, but Brad would have to decide if
an emulator solution or a real board is better for the auto tester.

Do you have any experience with the cubieboard (1)? I think SATA would
be quite nice cause SD-cards are a real bottleneck when compiling. But
I never used one of those boards so I don't know how well they're
working...