Graphics Library for D

Matt Taylor taylorius at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 01:55:34 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 14 January 2014 at 22:28:00 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 14 January 2014 at 21:59:13 UTC, Xavier Bigand
> wrote:
>> Sadly I don't think it's really usable even for GUI, if it
>> have to run a all current devices.
>
> It would need either a modern GPU or a fast CPU, like i5/i7.
> But with caching of 2D surfaces the performance requirements
> are not as high. (You prerender "button unpressed", "button
> with motion blur", "button pressed" etc).

For some reason sledgehammers and nuts come to mind! :-)

Arauna / Brigade is pretty cool mind you. My company makes a
mental ray compatible pseudo real-time visualizer. We use Intel's
Embree for our ray intersection. It's CPU only, but very fast -
and faster still if you couple it with ISPC.

Cheers

Matt