Componentizing D's garbage collector

Chris Williams yoreanon-chrisw at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Jan 15 13:54:18 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 15 January 2014 at 01:55:13 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> I really love this idea. However I'm not sure how kernels would
> like no sleeping to occur at least by my understanding.
> It would definitely be a big plus to anything related to gui's.

Sleep allows a thread to give way to another thread within the
same process. If an app only has one thread, then that should end
up ceding time to other processes, but the OS is still able to
perform process switching regardless of whether an application
ever has all of its threads asleep at once or not.