SHA-3 is KECCAK

Chris Cain clcain at uncg.edu
Sat Jan 18 07:17:51 PST 2014

On Saturday, 18 January 2014 at 12:48:28 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> ..snip almost everything..

I'm not going to be doing this. Everything you say suggests you
have no clue about anything about cryptography and you're going
to be bit sooner rather than later. Don't spread your
information, just keep it to yourself so that the damage is
limited. Thanks.

> They didn't predict the result of elections, not sure what you
> want to prove by a lie.

You're correct. It was an example of a collision attack which
means they can put up a single hash and it will match many
possible documents that include all the names of the candidates.
If you had _read_ the source, you may have understood that. In
fact, if you have read anything on cryptography at all before,
you'd be staying away from MD5, but ignorance is bliss I suppose.
Just don't spread your ignorance to others because you could
easily cost people their livelihood. If you lose your job because
of this, then that's on you, so I won't feel badly about it. But
I am concerned about an innocent third party walking in thinking
you might have a clue of what you're talking about, when you
clearly don't.

Take care.