Non-null objects, the Null Object pattern, and T.init

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 06:14:10 PST 2014

On Sunday, 19 January 2014 at 12:29:14 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Sunday, 19 January 2014 at 10:32:36 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
> wrote:
>
> I have no experience with Ruby, but Javascript also do this
> (undefined is an object). I don't think it is more work to
> debug Python and Javascript null exceptions than C-like code.

Having had heavy experience with Python, and having used D since
D1, I would tell the contrary, that's easier to handle null
exception with D. That's only experience based, naturally, I
don't pretend this to be science.

Going down the hill, we should then love PHP, as it's mantra
seems to be "go marching in", and we all know what an horrible
mess it is.
---
Paolo