Aurora Graphics Library Initial Design Discussion

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Sun Jan 19 13:31:08 PST 2014

On Sunday, 19 January 2014 at 03:38:30 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
> The choice that I would like to clarify is that Aurora will be
> a retained mode API. I understand that this is not the best
> choice for speed and that not everyone will be happy with this
> choice. However, retained mode API's are typically much
> higher-level, which will make it easier for developers that are
> unfamiliar with writing graphics code to express their intent.

What kind of retained mode API is being considered?

Is this indicating a possible change of direction in favour of a
scene graph model?