Aurora Graphics Library Initial Design Discussion

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Sun Jan 19 16:43:04 PST 2014

On Monday, 20 January 2014 at 00:15:01 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
> I am not sure yet, probably a scene graph though or some hybrid
> thereof. They have the advantage of being easy to understand
> and use.

Sounds like a good idea as it allows you to implement a standard
extensible UI on top of it. If done right you could use it for
UI/HUD on top of a 3D engine too by setting the zbuffer value
close to the eye.

1. draw 2D UI with close z-value or stencil
2. draw 3D beneath it/or video etc

This could be very useful for both creating media tools/editors
and games. (Creating a 2D platform that allows you to do
evolutionary design of a UI layered on top of other media.)