[OT] Good or best Linux distro?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Mon Jan 20 06:35:27 PST 2014

On Monday, 20 January 2014 at 12:47:15 UTC, Chris wrote:
>> - what is your preferred Deskop Environment / Windows Manager?
>
> Most distros are flexible. Right now I'm testing Xfce.

Theoretically - yes. In practice packaging quality differs
depending on how much attention specific DE/WM gets from that
distro maintainers. For example, you are unlikely to reliably use
Unity anywhere but on Ubuntu and Gnome 3 fans are pretty much
limited to Fedora and Arch. For more simplistic environments it
is not that much of a concern, at least Xfce should be rock solid
anywhere.

I am (unsurprisingly) using Arch but can easily imagine perfectly
legitimate reasons to not do so :P