[OT] Good or best Linux distro?

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Mon Jan 20 17:55:33 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 21 January 2014 at 00:24:31 UTC, ed wrote:
> Arch is BRILLIANT!...IMO of course.

Arch indeed seems to be very popular around here, I use it on my
notebook as well. For me it brings all the flexibility I want,
like Gentoo, but without the hassles of compiling everything
yourself, and also does an excellent job of not getting in my
way. For technically minded people, the documentation (ArchWiki)
is in my opinion among the best, if not the best, of all Linux
distributions right now.

I wouldn't want to install it on my parent's machine though,
you'll definitely end up using the command line and/or editing
config files to tweak settings though.

But of course, this is a highly subjective issue…

David