Static Analysis Tooling / Effective D

Brian Schott briancschott at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 20:34:56 PST 2014

I've checked in code to the DScanner project that gives it some
basic static analysis capabilities. When run with the
--styleCheck option, it will warn about a few things like empty
declarations, implicit string concatenation, classes with
lowercase_names, catching "Exception", and a few other things.

There's a small feature wishlist in the project's README, but I'd
like to get some opinions from the newsgroup: What kinds of
errors have you seen in your code that you think a static
analysis tool could help with?