DIP54 : revamp of Phobos tuple types

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Tue Jan 21 00:45:19 PST 2014

On Monday, 20 January 2014 at 20:40:30 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> The auto expand require compiler support.

Yes. And has nothing to do with actual list behavior.

> The non expanding behavior can be modeled on top of the auto
> expanding one.

Unfortunately not right now. Not cleanly at least. I am working
on it.

> The problem we have goes as follow to me:
>  - We call the expanding construct tuple, which confuse
> everybody.

It is irrelevant topic. I think TemplateArgumentList and
TemplateArgumentPack are a good names.

>  - We lack some syntactic sugar to auto expand tuples. I
> proposed a solution for auto unpacking random stuffs.

Nope. We lack lot of syntactic sugar for packs. All we have is
for expanding built-in ones.

Auto-unpacking and all similar extra yummies is completely
orthogonal and unrelated topic I don't even want to touch.

> I do think this approach is superior.

It is simply unrelated and can be added on top of any outcome.