GuitarHero/RockBand fans... side project anyone?

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 01:01:07 PST 2014

On 9 January 2014 20:16, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> On 2014-01-09 00:27, Manu wrote:
>
>  I guess, but I've always managed to stuff up sub-module references in
>> the past :)
>> Is it possible to make a submodule reference the remote head, rather
>> than a particular revision?
>>

> Have a look at this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9189575/git-
> submodule-tracking-latest
>

>  If/when other people are involved, then they are welcome to make
>> improvements to the project setup. Just let me get an
>> interesting/hackable shell first ;)
>>

> Fair enough :)

I should add, it's starting to come together...

For anyone that's wondering when to jump in, it's getting to that point.
It loads songs, plays then, rendering some synchronised stuff against the
music now.
Needs UI work, theme/scripting, rendering work, code for all the
instruments, but the shell there is starting to live...

I really need people to help test the build environment (and write
instructions on the wiki) for platforms/toolchains that I don't use
myself...