[OT] Good or best Linux distro?

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Tue Jan 21 07:08:15 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 21 January 2014 at 13:42:11 UTC, Arjan wrote:

>> How's the FreeBSD documentation / community? Is it easy to
>> find solutions?
>
> I'm a long time FreeBSD user. I've always found the
> documentation quality outstanding. Never had any difficulty to
> find answers or solutions. Besides FreeBSD has a web forum and
> mailing list with lots of helpfull people attending.
>
> I'm also using OpenSUSE since 10.0 days. And debian on and off
> since the 4.0 days.
>
> I use D (self build from github sources) on FreeBSD OpenSUSE
> and windows. (On windows sometimes also the prebuid binaries.)
>
> As DE I prefer KDE.

I'm testing ArchLinux now and so far I think it's great. I've
encountered less problems than on other, so called user-friendly,
distros. The documentation is sound, and I like the fact that
it's a rolling distro. If it comes so close to FreeBSD, as has
been said, I wonder if it is worth the trouble to install FreeBSD
at all.