VisualD and VS2012

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 19:05:03 PST 2014

On 22 January 2014 12:45, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 1/21/2014 5:24 PM, Manu wrote:
>
>> On 22 January 2014 11:16, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com
>>
>> <mailto:newshound2 at digitalmars.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 1/21/2014 5:09 PM, Manu wrote:
>>
>>         It's not so simple,  because VisualD attempts to override the
>> paths in
>>         the config
>>
>>         files, it gets complicated and I have no clear view where the
>> paths used
>>         actually come from.
>>

>>     VisualD cannot find files that are not there - so remove those files,
>> and
>>     then see what happens.
>>

>> I'm not sure what you mean... remove sc.ini?
>>

> I mean remove these files: "I suspect that VisualD is either executing the
> VS2010 linker, even though I'm running VS2012, or maybe it's trying to link
> the VS2010 libs instead of the 2012 libs?"
>
> That would clear up the suspicion and the maybes.

I don't think there's any maybe's about it, I amended sc.ini to point to
the VS2012 paths instead of the original 2010 paths, and VisualD
immediately started working fine within VS2012 (except for the CRT problem
I bugged separately).
Are you suggesting I; revert sc.ini to its original VS2010 configuration,
then remove the VS2010 paths so VD can't find it, and see if it then tries
the 2012 paths as a fallback?