[OT] Good or best Linux distro?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Wed Jan 22 02:40:41 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 22 January 2014 at 00:50:36 UTC, Mariusz `shd`
Gliwiński wrote:
> If you've never heard about it, NixOS is quite interesting
> project.

Woah! Atomic transactional configuration. That's cool! Debian
with Nix would be great.

I've been a loyal Debian (testing) user since I dropped Slackware
in the 90s, and can't see why a programmer would use anything
else for their own use. Debian is good at not telling you how
your setup should be, so you can more easily go minimal without
sacrificing much. But you get the occasional configuration
hiccup. Not often even though, and usually easy to fix.