Current state of "D as a better C" (Windows)?

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Wed Jan 22 03:13:51 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 22 January 2014 at 02:18:43 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> What's the current situation of using D without Phobos/Druntime?

With LDC I had to figure out how to make the compiler happy, but
eventually got the job done.

> Sometimes, it's quite useful to be able to use D to create tiny
> EXEs/DLLs. For example, create simple DLL plugins that will be
> loaded into non-D programs, or even not have a 50-line program
> take half a meg. Additionally, some tasks require injecting a
> DLL systemwide (into every running process), so it is critical
> to minimize the impact by being as unintrusive as possible and
> having a minimal overhead.
>
> I've started a "framework" for this purpose a while ago[1], but
> I heard of people starting similar projects since then and I
> think they've gotten further than me. Would there be any
> interest in collaborating and turning this into a community
> project?

A framework doesn't seem like a good idea. You can have either
big framework or small executable, not both.

My code works with stock object.d just fine. In order to make
injectable dll you only have to disable GC (and probably tls),
and write otherwise normal D code.