VisualD and VS2012

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Wed Jan 22 14:38:43 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 22 January 2014 at 01:25:07 UTC, Manu wrote:
> On 22 January 2014 11:16, Walter Bright
> <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>
>> On 1/21/2014 5:09 PM, Manu wrote:
>>
>>> It's not so simple,  because VisualD attempts to override the
>>> paths in
>>> the config
>>>
>>> files, it gets complicated and I have no clear view where the
>>> paths used
>>> actually come from.
>>>

>> VisualD cannot find files that are not there - so remove those
>> files, and
>> then see what happens.
>>

> I'm not sure what you mean... remove sc.ini?
> VisualD doesn't appear to be doing any magic (although it
> should). It's
> just taking the usual paths from sc.ini verbatim. This would
> seem to be the
> problem.

You can see all the environment changes and executed command in
the cmd-file in the output directory (or just click the link to
the log shown in the output window).

One problem might be that the C object files that are part of the
phobos library are forcing the inclusion of the library "LIBCMT"
(and "OLDNAMES"), and this probably doesn't mix very well with
the debug version LIBCMTD.

Maybe you can add a command line option to ignore LIBCMT for
debug builds with /NODEFAULTLIB:LIBCMT