Should this work?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com> Ola Fosheim Grøstad" <ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>
Sat Jan 25 06:36:52 PST 2014

On Saturday, 25 January 2014 at 14:23:48 UTC, Peter Alexander
wrote:
> 100% agree. The key thing is that it should be consistent
> between strings and other range types.

Indeed. It is better to have to look up the name in the beginning.

Also, a good IDE will give you a list of alternatives and it is
important to keep this list as short as possible. Ideally there
should be no more than 10 functions for any type in order to
maximize the benefit of using an IDE. So few functions, but with
very descriptive names make me more efficient (I don't have to
look it up in the documentation).

Basically, it is better to have a small core that can be used
with lambdas for the specifics. I notice when I do Python that I
don't use all the special functions. I use the generic ones with
lambdas instead.