GUI Editors for D

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Sat Jan 25 10:00:46 PST 2014

I know this is a perennial question, but I thought I'd ask again
to see if the answer has changed.

I am pissed off with CodeBlocks, since it seems difficult to
install the latest version without the possibility of breaking
your existing one (10.04). I don't want to go there, since
despite its annoying bugs, it lets me work on my project, and I
want to continue to do that.

I quite like Bluefish, but the situation there is even worse. An
attempt to install 2.2.4 from the repo suggested on their web
site offers to install 2.5 beta.

I could revert to Gedit and a makefile, but it has really
rudimentary facilities for marking blocks of code, or for
duplicating them.

Eclipse is sooo slow - Java I presume. That's reserved for
Android development, which I'm off at the moment.

I don't have Visual Studio, so the plug-in for that is out.

Maybe MonoDevelop, but the blurb for that uses terms like
ASP.NET, which immediately puts me off.

What am I missing?

Thanks Steve