[DDMD] Reasoning behind converting new Type -> Type::create

Daniel Murphy yebbliesnospam at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 18:27:00 PST 2014

"Iain Buclaw"  wrote in message
news:mailman.103.1390845530.13884.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...

> I have toyed around with the thought of moving backend specific
> members into a Compiler struct which may vary across gdc, dmd, ldc...

I feel like Global should just be for frontend and semantic config, and the
backend/glue stuff should be kept somewhere else.

> I can't see at a glance any target specific mangling for long.  Only
> __float128 and __float80.
>
> As for long size, there's no darwin specific value for LONG_SIZE nor
> LONG_LONG_SIZE, so whatever you are getting, it's the same on Linux
> too...

:(

> > Making functions extern(C) seems to be the easiest short-term solution,
> > and
> > pragma(mangle) will start actually working on windows once the new C++
> > mangler is in.
>
> Don't know what you are talking about, it already works on Windows... :o)

Not so much with the dmc backend doing the mangling... it just re-mangles
using the mangle string you set in place of the ident.

> I would have to seriously consider keeping or forking cppmangle once
> it is visual studio-afied....

It should be trivial to let Target choose the mangler.