Which tools do you miss in D?

Jakob Ovrum jakobovrum at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 19:43:09 PST 2014

On Monday, 27 January 2014 at 13:12:56 UTC, Manu wrote:
> D doesn't have a preprocessor or a horrible network of text
> include, it
> should easily be able to match the C# experiences in general.

No, it's much, much harder because of templates and string mixins.

The only way to get a solid auto-complete experience for D is to
use a compiler-as-library, which is why I think the approach that
VisualD and Mono-D (and DScanner to some extent, IIRC) takes is a
colossal waste of time, as "good enough" will in fact never be
good enough.