[DDMD] Reasoning behind converting new Type -> Type::create

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Tue Jan 28 08:00:50 PST 2014

On 28 January 2014 13:25, Johannes Pfau <nospam at example.com> wrote:
> Am Tue, 28 Jan 2014 13:10:52 +0000
> schrieb Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at gdcproject.org>:

>> > It should be trivial to let Target choose the mangler.
>>
>> That isn't half the point.  Anyway, I've had some plans with
>> cppmangler for sometime now.
>
> Somehow sounds like you want to hook into the g++ frontend to do the
> mangling?

Nah... Keep the same implementation. I was thinking more along the
lines of using bells and whistles that are GDC specific.  For example:
targetm.mangle_type - which is needed if we want compatible C++
mangling on ARM for va_list or vector types.

As for g++ frontend mangle.c, we would require having some form of
-fabi-version=n switch; which is a bit exper.  And besides I don't
feel like satisfying the need of some lone guy out there who requires
C++ mangling ABI greater than v.3 from D.

Regards
Iain