Which tools do you miss in D?

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Tue Jan 28 15:26:19 PST 2014

Am Tue, 28 Jan 2014 10:28:03 +0000
schrieb "ed" <growlercab at gmail.com>:

> On Monday, 27 January 2014 at 11:03:45 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > I find GtkD + Glade rather good actually. The problem is that
> > this is
> > not really a good direction for cross platform working since
> > Gtk isn't a
> > widely supported framework.
> >

> I'm probably still a bit new to GTK, but when I started on Qt I
> found it easier to pick up.
>
> Ever since I used C++ Builder 4 and VCL I've been searching for a
> RAD GUI tool to match it; I haven't found one yet in C++ or Java.
>
> Some may shudder :D but I really liked the Borland tools and APIs
> back then.
>

> Cheers,
> ed

The Borland tools are great! That's the definition of an IDE.
One program hosts the GUI builder, compiler, linker, debugger,
editor with refactoring support, help system and package
manager. And everything is actually integrated. A double-click
on a button implements a click-handler, publishing a property
of a component class and installing it as part of a package
makes the property available in the GUI builder.

--
Marco