[OT] Good or best Linux distro?

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 16:48:08 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 28 January 2014 at 11:42:22 UTC, Chris wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 January 2014 at 11:34:42 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>
>> On ideology offtopic - in my opinion BSD is akin to anarchism
>> and GPL is like communism, in modern internet flavor :)
>
> Not so sure about the anarchism bit. In an anarchy nobody can
> assume power (i.e. make it proprietary).

Intellectual property enforcement is based on state power.
Copyleft is a hack of copyright law, which, in essence rely on
state power.

If you can't have an intellectual property enforcement, that
obviously don't prevent someone to do proprietary software. One
do not have to shared his/her source or his/her patches to an
open source project.