Which tools do you miss in D?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Jan 28 18:04:01 PST 2014

Manu:

> D ruined C/C++ for me, but my expectations of C/C++'s tooling
> still remains
> a barrier to my enjoyment of writing D code all time time...
> I'm fucked!

This is a recurring event in the Python world: Java/C++
programmers that try Python, find it much more productive and
nice, and fall in love with it, and then can't use it because at
work they are forced to use Java/C++ (or sometimes because Python
is too much slow for their purposes). Sometimes the end result is
that they are less happy than before in doing their daily work.
So sometimes they end not suggesting Python to their colleagues
to avoid them the same sad realization. I remember hearing
something similar in Haskell community too, that is spoils you
too much.

Bye,
bearophile