[OT] Good or best Linux distro?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Thu Jan 30 04:36:06 PST 2014

On Wednesday, 29 January 2014 at 14:12:03 UTC, Chris wrote:
> I think it boils down to fairness. If someone can have a good
> life with what you've created, why shouldn't you have a good
> life too? You have to change the system completely so that
> everyone gets his / her due. You cannot have a system where a
> band can make money with a song, but royalties don't exist, and
> the author gets nothing.

It is. And fairness is highly subjective. Even value of fairness
is subjective - no one actually demands laws of physics to be
fair after all, do they? For me it is perfectly expected that act
of presentation is more profitable than act of creation.
Inventing stuff is by design inferior to selling stuff.

And yes, I am very cynical towards culture. We have already more
books one can read and songs one can listen to in whole life.
That quickly and justly diminishes value of any new one to the
point where listeners attention may become more expensive than
authors time. Most authors won't get a penny for their creations
because they don't actually cost a penny.

But it is all about personal beliefs in the end and I am not
trying to convince you that there is aything inherently wrong
about your attitude. It is reasonable and solid. What I have
tried to show is that statements like "BSD is less free than GPL
because it does not enforce freedom" are very opinionated and
boil down to very core ideological preferences. One simply can't
use such statements  in article that is supposed to provide any
fact-based overview.