10th Birthday for GDC

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Jan 30 18:26:11 PST 2014

> On 1/30/14 4:13 AM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>> On March 22, 2014, GDC will turn 10! \o/
> Congratulations!

Yes, well done!

> The thing is, most of the people in this
> forum are blissfully unaware of GNU's process, milestones, and deadlines. I know
> it's unpleasant to do so, but one thing to do would be to overcommunicate.
> There's a lot to be said about reminding people, time and again, about an
> impending deadline and what they can do to help.

I totally agree. The "build it and they will come" is a hollywood myth, you've
got to get out in front of this and flog it.

Over the years, I've seen an awful lot of great projects created by brilliant
people fall by the wayside because the creator, for whatever reason, did not
flog it. This has often, sadly, left the creator frustrated and even bitter.

For example, OSCON is still open (until midnight) for speaking proposals. Submit
a proposal about GDC!

http://www.oscon.com/oscon2014

See the yellow button? SUBMIT! (I did already, so has Andrei.) Don't pass up
opportunities, or assume someone else will do it on your behalf.

It's not the time to be modest!