Which tools do you miss in D?

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Fri Jan 31 14:59:44 PST 2014

On Monday, 27 January 2014 at 09:29:44 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:

> I'm personally of the opinion that if you're resorting to a
> debugger, that you really don't understand the code you're
> writing and how to debug it.

Having a debugger to make sense of core files is pretty handy.
Also, have you ever tried to sell a language to a team with the
caveat that it doesn't have a working debugger of any sort?
Finally, it's often not possible to re-run an app with additional
logging to figure out a problem.  And if you didn't think to log
something that turns out to be important for diagnosing some bug,
being able to attach to a running process with a debugger is
pretty handy.  Or dtrace or something.  I've been doing printf
debugging of low-level issues in D for... gosh, ten years now?  I
can handle it.  Really.  But isn't it time we moved into the
current century?