Redesign of dlang.org

Alix Pexton via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 1 00:40:04 PDT 2014

On 01/07/2014 7:42 AM, w0rp wrote:

> The logo on the site I'm testing is the most effective duck.
>
> The logo is a placeholder I made with no graphic design experience. The
> old logo is a bit too fat and round to fit with the new design, so I'd
> like something which is obviously still the same brand, but looks a bit
> flatter.

I just found out why your logo looks terrible on my machine, you are
using a web font in the SVG that FF isn't finding and there is no
fallback specified so I'm getting a D in Times New Roman ><

A quick solution would be to convert the glyph to curves ("Object to
Path" on the "Path" menu in Inkscape), then you will know that everyone
is seeing the same thing.

A...