Worrying attitudes to the branding of the D language

w0rp via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 1 23:53:41 PDT 2014

This is getting really out of hand. I never intended to propose a
new logo designed by me. I just implemented what was in
Aleksandar Ruzicic's mockup enough to show that it was feasible
and started working from there. I'm waiting for someone with
honest graphic design experience to find a way to fit a logo
which both fits the brand and the new site design. Bearing in
mind that brand identity is often evolving to fit the world
around it.

As always, I encourage others to contribute to the new design.
Nothing I'm working on should be considered a finished product,
and I'm working on it in what time I have available during
evenings and weekends, and responding to feedback, in the hope
that I can contribute to a site redesign for the purpose of
generating more site traffic. I would greatly appreciate any pull
requests for the project, including good changes in design, new
(maybe from old) pages, improvements to the framework, and so on.
If you feel strongly enough to talk about how much you hate a
logo for hours, your energy would be better spent designing a
logo to replace it.