Worrying attitudes to the branding of the D language

Alix Pexton via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 2 01:59:10 PDT 2014

On 01/07/2014 10:29 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 7/1/2014 10:45 AM, Gary Willoughby wrote:
>> Here is the present and official D logo:
>>
>> http://media.sukimashita.com/d/d-5.svg
>>
>> I suggest we keep it.
>

> All excellent points, and I agree with you on all of them. And I like
> the current logo, and want to keep it.

So what counts as the current logo? That exact image and no other?

Which of the colours from the gradient fills do we match the colour
scheme of a refreshed website to?

If there is going to be "no change" to the branding, can we at least
have a definitive statement of what the current brand is that isn't just
a link to a single image.

[Incidentally, I found the copyright notice that goes with the current
logo at the bottom of this page: http://media.sukimashita.com/d/ (the
gallery of designs that the current logo was chosen from)]

A...