Worrying attitudes to the branding of the D language

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 2 06:05:34 PDT 2014

Am 02.07.2014 12:23, schrieb "Ola Fosheim Grøstad"
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>":
> On Wednesday, 2 July 2014 at 08:59:06 UTC, Alix Pexton wrote:
>> [Incidentally, I found the copyright notice that goes with the current
>> logo at the bottom of this page: http://media.sukimashita.com/d/ (the
>> gallery of designs that the current logo was chosen from)]
>
> Yeah:
> «ALL FREE TO USE. ONLY SELLING THESE IMAGES IS PROHIBITED.»
>
> I guess that is good enough for adapting the logo to flat shading and a
> new web design with minor visual tweaks. The original author appears to
> be Martin Szulecki, so he can probably be reached by e-mail.

Although an interesting question would be, if for example the logo is
allowed to be sold as part of a t-shirt. If not, that would be a pretty
big deal. It would be much better to have a standard license with proper
legal terminology. So contacting the author seems to be an imperative if
this is the design to base the brand upon.